From OpenEMR Project Wiki
OpenEMR is in urgent need of funding for the Meaningful Use Stage III Certification. Users in the United States have reaped the bounty of the EHR Bonus in Stage I/II and will do so again in Stage III. The majority of users, outside the United States, have benefitted from Meaningful Use Certification as well in the creation of enhancements such as Electronic Prescribing, Clinical Reminders and Secure Messaging. The experience of our colleagues abroad will continue to improve with Stage III Certification. Please consider sending a gift today.
Stable Production Release (Version 5.0.0)
OpenEMR 5.0.0 was released on 2/15/17. Here is a list of new features in this version. It is compatible with PHP versions from 5.4.x - 7.0.x .
Windows: Pre-installed OpenEMR with the XAMPP Package
- openemr-5.0.0.zip (MD5 sum: 493d52928d0dfd49bb7c46b0304f38d1)
- openemr-5.0.0.tar.gz (MD5 sum: 6250bcc55a13c86463f18f76ae673e8f)
Ubuntu / Mint / Debian
- Ubuntu 16.04(and later versions), Debian 9(and later version), and Mint 18(and later versions).
- openemr-php7_5.0.0-1_all.deb (MD5 sum: 7576b7960ed7a16e535f7c5e6b4771cb)
- Ubuntu 15.10(and lesser versions), Debian 8(and lesser version), and Mint 17(and lesser versions).
- A beta guide for manually setting up a production OpenEMR system on AWS provided by TeamEpsilon. This solution is not HIPAA/BAA compliant. The stable version of the guide is currently being developed and will be automated and HIPAA/BAA compliant.
- A OpenEMR 5.0.0 Appliance will not be released and this Appliance is no longer supported. The following is the last version, which is the OpenEMR 4.1.1 Appliance:
- Note that this appliance is using a version of Ubuntu that is no longer supported, thus will not get security updates. For production servers where security is important, recommend migrating to a more recent operating system.
- Previous versions of all above packages can be found on Sourceforge
- Patch : Most recent patch for OpenEMR versions 5.0.0, 4.2.2, 4.2.1, 4.2.0, 4.1.2, 4.1.1, 4.1.0, 4.0.0, 3.2.0, and 3.1.0 can be found here.
Unstable Development Releases
- Daily snapshots from current development tip(5.0.1-dev). Installation instructions are available for LINUX and WINDOWS. (Verify timestamp here)
Ubuntu/Mint/Debian Development Version Package
- This one-click package will install/configure the most current development (unstable) version of OpenEMR. It is extremely easy to install and uninstall, and it will not interfere with the official Ubuntu/Mint/Debian OpenEMR Production Version Package. Since the development code is unstable, this should only be used for testing and evaluation purposes.